Personal Injury Attorney
An accident that lasts just an instant can have devastating consequences that last for a lifetime. You shouldn’t have to pay for the costs and losses of an injury accident that someone else caused.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in an incident caused by another party’s negligence, you may be able to recover damages for medical care, loss of income, and more. You can seek damages on your own, or you can work with our Plantation personal injury lawyers at Phillips | Tadros, P.A.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is any case in which one party sustains an injury because of another party’s negligence. In other words, the victim would not be injured were it not for the careless actions of the other party. The negligent party may be a person, a business, or a government municipality.
While there are many types of personal injury cases, all cases contain these four elements:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party had an obligation to keep you safe and not put you at risk of harm. Whether one party owes another a duty of care depends on the situation. For example, all drivers owe a duty of care to other drivers and pedestrians, and all medical professionals owe a duty of care to their patients.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party violated the duty of care. What constitutes negligence depends on the situation. Drivers who violate traffic laws are negligent, as are doctors who fail to order the right tests or improperly evaluate test results.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s violation directly caused your injuries. Failure of a duty to exercise care does not always lead to injuries; just think of how many people speed but never cause an accident. Our lawyer will link your injuries to the other party’s failure to exercise due care.
- Damages: Your injuries can be compensated financially. This compensation may include paying your medical bills, making up for your lost wages, and more.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are many types of personal injury cases, and our lawyers evaluate each case to determine if it is valid and has a good chance of a successful outcome. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death cases
Car accidents are a major source of injury claims in Plantation. For instance, WPLG Local 10 reports that in March 2022, a sedan was struck by an SUV traveling at high speeds, splitting the sedan in two, killing the two people in the sedan, and injuring another. Accidents like this result in heartache, physical injuries, and serious medical bills.
Still, car accidents are not the only ways that people are harmed by negligence. If you’re unsure about whether your accident type is reflected in the list above, we can explain more about how we can help through a free case review.
Damages Available in a Personal Injury Case
At Phillips | Tadros, P.A., we represent people who have suffered a personal injury because of someone else’s carelessness. We stand up for their rights, helping them to obtain fair compensation for their losses. Whether it is with an out-of-court settlement or a court trial, we work tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for our clients. Here are some of the damages that may be available to you:
- Medical expenses: Such as for ambulance bills, emergency room visits, diagnostic testing, follow-up care, surgeries, rehabilitation, prescription medication, and more
- Loss of income and lost earning capacity: For both past and future unpaid time missed at work due to the injury as well as an anticipated decrease in future earnings due to a disability caused by the accident
- Property damage: For repair or replacement of your vehicle or other valuables
- Pain and suffering: For both physical and emotional suffering, such as chronic pain, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), insomnia, and more
How a Lawyer Can Help You
When you are hurt, dealing with paperwork and insurance companies is the last thing you want to do. Our lawyer can take over these tasks, helping you get the money you need and giving you time to heal. We can:
- Investigate your case
- Gather evidence of negligence by the other party
- Estimate the full value of your losses
- File an insurance claim for you
- Negotiate a settlement
- Try your case in court
Can I Afford a Personal Injury Lawyer?
No one should lose out on recovering damages simply because they lack the funds to pay an attorney. You can afford a personal injury lawyer, so don’t hesitate to call if you have been injured or lost a loved one in Plantation because of someone else’s negligence. We will explain our payment structure to you and show you how you can afford a lawyer, even if you have limited financial means.
Our lawyers work on contingency. Instead of accepting payment upfront, we take our fees directly from your settlement or verdict award. In other words, we only get paid if you win. You pay nothing out of pocket, so no matter what your financial situation is right now, you can afford a personal injury lawyer with Phillips | Tadros, P.A.
Time Limits in a Florida Personal Injury Case
If you were injured or lost a relative because of another party’s recklessness, you only have a finite window in which you can file a lawsuit to recover your losses. Florida Statutes § 95.11 establishes the following statutes of limitations:
- Four years for personal injury: You have four years from the date of the incident to sue the responsible party.
- Two years for wrongful death: You have two years from the date your loved one died, which may be later than the date of the incident, to sue the responsible party.
Florida Statutes § 95.051 allows for some extensions to these time limits. Our personal injury lawyer serving Plantation with Phillips | Tadros, P.A., will evaluate the details of your case and determine how these and other laws affect you. We will make sure that you file your lawsuit against the negligent party before time runs out.
Phillips | Tadros, P.A., Is Ready to Represent You
Don’t let someone else’s negligence leave you with hefty bills and mounting debt. Our personal injury lawyer serving Plantation may be able to help you recover damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Call Phillips | Tadros, P.A., today at (954) 642-8885 for a free case consultation. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started on your case.