Motorcycle Accident Attorney
In Fort Lauderdale
Motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users. Besides a helmet, a motorcycle rider has little protection in a truck or passenger vehicle collision. Furthermore, other motorists often fail to see motorcyclists on the road, particularly when distracted or driving aggressively. Motorcycle accidents can have serious consequences for motorcycle riders, including severe and life-altering injuries.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle crash in Fort Lauderdale, you might be struggling to afford medical care, repair your motorcycle, or pay your bills while you recover. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other crash-related losses. You should contact one of our motorcycle accident lawyers right away.
One of the Best Motorcycle Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
The trusted motorcycle accident attorneys at Phillips | Tadros, P.A. have almost four decades of combined legal experience helping injured Floridians like you. We can help you seek the compensation you deserve after a motorcycle wreck. Contact our office today to speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale during a free consultation.
Do You Have a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
All Florida drivers must carry no-fault auto insurance, also known as personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. When a Florida driver is injured in a traffic accident, they typically file a claim with their PIP insurance provider to cover their medical bills. No-fault insurance policies pay for medical expenses and lost wages related to an accident, no matter who is at fault.
However, Florida’s PIP insurance coverage does not apply to motorcyclists. If you are a motorcycle rider in Florida, you cannot rely on no-fault insurance coverage if you are injured in an accident. If another motorist’s behavior or actions led to the crash that hurt you, you might need to file a claim with their insurance provider or sue them in court to pursue compensation for your injuries.
When you file an insurance claim or lawsuit against an at-fault party, your motorcycle accident attorney must prove the other party’s actions or behavior caused the accident that injured you. It’s essential to hire an experienced Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer to represent you in your motorcycle accident case to prove liability and maximize your compensation.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
You can overcome the factors that complicate many motorcycle accident cases by working with a knowledgeable injury lawyer.
When you hire the Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident attorneys of Phillips | Tadros, P.A., you can count on us to help you by:
- Explaining your rights and estimating a fair value of your injury claim.
- Identifying all possible sources of compensation for your crash injuries.
- Investigating the motorcycle accident to determine who might be liable.
- Collecting and preserving valuable supporting evidence for your claim.
- Communicating with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf.
- Obtaining medical records, crash reports, and other documentation of injuries.
- Interviewing those who saw the incident to get valuable witness statements.
- Working with expert witnesses like motorcycle crash reconstruction specialists.
- Managing essential case documents, details, and deadlines on your behalf.
- Filing claims paperwork and negotiating aggressively to maximize your settlement.
- Taking your injury case to court and representing you at trial, if necessary.
Remember that insurance companies typically have legal representation of their own, so you will almost certainly be at a disadvantage if you choose to tackle a motorcycle accident injury case alone. A knowledgeable attorney will understand the unique factors that affect motorcycle accident cases, the local laws that apply to your claim, and the best way to pursue maximum compensation for your losses.
How Is Fault Determined for a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
Your attorney must prove that another party is partially or entirely at fault for your injuries to recover compensation in a third-party injury claim or lawsuit.
Your motorcycle accident lawyer can identify, gather, and preserve the following types of evidence to prove the other party’s liability and support your injury claim:
- Official crash reports, if law enforcement responded to the scene
- Photos of the crash scene, vehicle damage, and visible injuries
- Video footage from traffic cameras and dash-mounted cameras
- Statements from eyewitnesses who saw the motorcycle accident occur
- Testimony from experts who can professionally analyze the accident
- The other driver’s cell phone records and GPS location data
- Documentation of the other vehicle’s inspection and repair history
Remember that you can still seek compensation for your injuries from another party even if you are partially at fault for the motorcycle accident. But under Florida Statutes § 768.81, the compensation you recover will be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault. In other words, if you are 50 percent at fault for an accident, you can only seek compensation for up to 50 percent of your losses.