Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyer
Any vehicle accident can be devastating, but truck accidents can be some of the most destructive crashes on the roads. If a negligent truck driver or trucking company was responsible for the crash, you could have a valid case for compensation.
Determining how to move forward after your accident can seem complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. A Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer from our team can take over your case, handling all the challenges for you. At Phillips | Tadros, P.A., we can advocate for your best interests every step of the way.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Truck Accident
Every truck accident case is different. While some may get through a crash with minor vehicle damage and few injuries, others could be facing debilitating injuries on top of other losses. This is why it can be beneficial to get legal help.
Our team will review the unique facts of your case to determine all the ways the accident affected you. Then, we will show the liable party’s insurance company what you may be owed.
We can help you seek compensation for your:
- Medical expenses: This can include any medical expense necessary for your recovery, including past and future costs. You can recover the costs of emergency room care, ambulance rides, surgeries, physical therapy, medications, and more.
- Lost wages: Whether you missed days, weeks, or months from work due to your injuries, these wage losses could be recoverable.
- Reduced earning capacity: You deserve to seek compensation if you must take a new or lower-paying form of employment because of your physical limitations.
- Other wage losses: This could include missed tips, bonuses, or opportunities for promotions.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation is available for your physical pain and emotional hardships.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Some accidents leave victims with long-term trauma. If you were diagnosed with PTSD and need to get treatment, you could seek compensation.
Our lawyers can tell you if you can pursue other forms of compensation.
Benefits of Working With Our Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
When you work with a lawyer from our team, you can hand over all your legal tasks to us. Here are a few reasons why you may benefit from working with our lawyers after a truck accident:
We Can Tell You if the Insurance Adjuster’s Amount Is Fair
Many accident victims wonder if an insurance adjuster’s offer is fair. You should know that the first amount they offer does not reflect the full value of your case.
To determine what your claim or lawsuit is truly worth, our team will start by investigating your case fully. We will gather all the evidence relevant to your crash, then we will consider:
- How expensive your medical bills are—and are expected to be in the future
- Whether the injury has affected your ability to work or enjoy your normal activities
- The identity of the party or parties in your case
While there is no predetermined value for a truck accident case, we will look at the above factors to determine your case’s goal settlement or award amount. Often, if you have serious or catastrophic injuries, you may be able to collect more than you realize. However, you could also make a recovery even if your injuries are more moderate.
Handle the Legal Process and Communications for You
Dealing with other lawyers and insurance adjusters can be formidable, especially after a truck accident. After all, you could be facing a major trucking company’s legal team—and they will come prepared for the legal process. Our attorneys will handle all communications with third parties for you so you can focus on your recovery.
Your Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer will either seek a settlement or file a lawsuit against the liable party. In either instance, they will deal with the tasks involved in back-and-forth negotiations or litigation. While we are prepared to go to a courtroom and present your case before a jury, we are often able to secure a fair amount for you before these proceedings begin.
Have an Advocate Who Knows Florida Law
You don’t have to learn all about personal injury law or relevant state insurance laws that could affect your case. Our attorneys understand Florida law, auto insurance claims processes and procedures, and how to navigate all these laws to seek your best results.
For instance, we can help you understand the following:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11, which generally gives most injury victims four years to file a lawsuit after a truck accident
- Florida Statutes § 627.7407, which details Florida’s no-fault insurance laws
- Florida Statutes § 627.736, which details the benefits available under the no-fault law and specifies that you have 14 days to seek medical care for your injuries following a crash to use your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
Between Florida no-fault insurance laws and requirements for PIP coverage, you could have many questions about your options for a financial recovery and whether you could file a lawsuit. We can protect your rights and tell you what steps come next for your case.
Phillips | Tadros, P.A. Can Help Many Types of Truck Accident Victims
Whether a truck driver hit you on I-95 or while you were crossing through an intersection, our attorneys can help you regardless of how you were injured in a Fort Lauderdale truck accident. We can help the following types of injury victims:
- Passenger vehicle drivers
Depending on how you were injured in a truck accident, you could face unique issues in your case. For instance, motorcyclists could be devastated after a truck accident—yet they may face unfair bias against bikers when seeking fair compensation.
Our team knows how to stand up for the rights of injury victims, and we are prepared to fight for you.
Get a Free Case Review from Phillips | Tadros, P.A.
You don’t have to be harmed by your truck accident any longer. Our attorneys will work to recover what you may be due, whether a trucker, trucking company, or another party is responsible for your losses.
During your free case review, you can ask us any and all of your questions as you move forward with your case. The call is free and comes with no obligation. Call the team at Phillips | Tadros, P.A. to get started: 954-642-8885.