Hollywood Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are often severe and can cause debilitating injuries or even death. These types of injuries can cause you to suffer from physical, financial, and emotional repercussions. If you sustained an injury in a truck accident, you might decide that you want to recover compensation for your monetary and non-monetary losses.
If someone else’s actions left you injured, you deserve to recover compensation. The attorneys at Phillips | Tadros, P.A. work tirelessly to ensure our clients do not have to suffer financial ruin because of their injuries.
Recovering Damages After a Truck Accident
After getting in a Hollywood truck accident, you might have severe injuries that require extensive medical care or leave you unable to work. Even if your injuries are minor, you deserve to recover compensation if you incurred losses. In many truck accident cases, accident victims can recover economic and non-economic damages. These damages compensate the injured party for their monetary and non-monetary losses.
Economic damages are the monetary losses you incur because of the accident. These damages are more accessible to quantify because there is usually documentation proving their cost. Keeping receipts and documents for out-of-pocket costs you have paid because of the accident can help your case.
Economic damages you could recover after a truck accident includes:
- Medical expenses you incurred because of your injuries
- The income you lost if you had to miss work while recovering from your injuries
- Property damage if your vehicle has damages from the accident
A Hollywood truck accident lawyer can review your documentation and receipts to determine the compensation you may be entitled to receive for your economic damages.
Non-economic damages are non-monetary losses you incurred because of your injuries. These damages relate more to the emotional and physical pain you experienced after the accident. Non-economic damages you could recover after sustaining an injury in a truck accident include:
- Physical pain and suffering: These damages compensate the injured person for the physical pain or anguish they experienced because of their injuries. Pain and suffering damages also include the inconvenience your injuries caused you.
- Emotional distress: These damages compensate the injured person for the emotional turmoil they experienced because of the accident or their injuries. If you suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or fear, you could recover damages for your emotional distress.
Non-economic damages are more difficult to calculate since they aren’t associated with an exact monetary value. An attorney can review these damages to help you get a better idea of how much your non-economic damages are worth.
Damages Your Family Could Recover
If your loved one passed away because of their injuries, we first want to express our condolences. We understand how difficult it is to lose a loved one so suddenly. Some family members could recover compensation for the death of their loved ones. These damages include:
- Loss of consortium: This compensates the family for the loss of support and companionship they once had before their loved one passed away.
- Funeral/burial costs: If your family has a celebration of life or funeral, you could include those costs in damages. This also includes the costs of cremation and burial services.
Who Is Liable in a Truck Accident?
Liability in a truck accident is complicated and based mostly on how the accident occurred. If the truck caused the accident, several people or entities might be liable. If the truck caused the accident the potential liable parties include the truck driver, the trucking company, or the parts manufacturer.
Situations Where the Truck Driver Is Liable
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration puts guidelines in place to ensure truck drivers are safe on the roads. Their important guidelines include a summary of hours-of-service regulations. Drivers have a maximum amount of drive time they can do before they have to take required rest breaks. Sometimes though, drivers don’t follow these rules because they want to complete their shipment. This can be dangerous as driver fatigue is a common cause of trucking accidents.
The truck driver is liable if they are doing one of the following when the accident occurred:
- Driver fatigue
- Intoxicated driving
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
Situations Where the Trucking Company Is Liable
The trucking company is liable for the accident if any of the following occur:
- Failing to train their drivers properly
- Failing to properly train their staff to appropriately and safely load the cargo
- Scheduling workers over the hours-of-service regulations
Situations Where the Parts Manufacturer Is Liable
If a faulty part causes the accident, the manufacturer of that part can have liability in the accident. It must be proven that if the part had functioned properly, the accident would not have happened.
Limited Time to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit
If you were injured in a truck accident, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11 states you have four years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable party. While this may feel like a lot of time, you want to be sure to give your attorney time to negotiate a settlement and prepare a solid case on your behalf.
Why Choose Phillips | Tadros, P.A.?
There are many reasons to choose Phillips | Tadros, P.A. to represent you after sustaining an injury in a truck accident, such as:
- We have over 40 years of combined experience. We have represented many clients and understand how to negotiate with insurance companies and opposing attorneys.
- We respond promptly to clients. Our attorneys will quickly respond to client inquiries and keep our clients informed with periodic status updates.
- We offer free consultations. A member of our team is available 24/7 for a free confidential consultation.
- There is no obligation when you speak to a team member to determine if pursuing legal action against the liable party is the right choice for you.
The attorneys at Phillips | Tadros, P.A. are here to help, we work tirelessly for our clients. We believe our clients deserve individual attention, as well as professional guidance, which we provide. If you sustained an injury during a truck accident, do not hesitate to contact us today for a free and confidential case evaluation.