Coral Springs Truck Accident Lawyer
Accidents with large trucks can cause devastating injuries to those involved. These injuries can interfere with your daily life and your ability to work. You deserve to recover compensation if you sustained an injury after getting involved in a truck accident. If the truck driver or trucking company is liable for your injuries, you should hold them accountable, and we can help.
After getting in a truck accident, a Coral Springs truck accident lawyer from Phillips | Tadros, P.A. can help you develop a solid case to hold the person or entity who caused the accident accountable. Our attorneys work hard, so your only focus is on recovering from your accident.
How Can a Coral Springs Truck Attorney Help?
Some people think they can handle a claim or lawsuit on their own after a truck accident. While an attorney isn’t required, we strongly advise seeking counsel after an accident. Benefits of choosing an attorney from Phillips | Tadros, P.A. include:
- We can handle communications on your behalf. Insurance companies often try to send a low offer because they assume you won’t know how much compensation you could recover. We can advise you on a fair offer and advocate for you during communications.
- We can investigate your accident. Our attorneys can request the police report and look into what happened during your accident. We can try to obtain surveillance videos or photos to understand better what occurred. This information can help us during negotiations when we work to prove the truck driver or company is liable for the accident.
- We can support you through legal proceedings. We can advocate aggressively for you to receive a fair settlement. If the case doesn’t settle, our team can stay by your side every step of the way. We can represent you in a lawsuit if necessary.
Our team understands the trauma a truck accident can cause. This is why we offer compassionate and supportive legal representation. We also offer free consultations to truck accident victims. We want you to have the opportunity to learn about your legal options without having to worry about the financial aspect.
Our Coral Springs Truck Accident Attorneys Can Fight for Fair Compensation
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, you could recover compensation for your losses. Our attorneys can look at your damages to determine how much compensation you could recover. Recoverable damages are the amount of money someone owes someone for injuring someone else. For example, in a trucking accident case, they are the monetary compensation the trucker or trucking company owes to the injured victims for causing the accident.
The types of damages someone could recover include both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate the injured person for the monetary losses they incurred. These damages intend to make the injured person whole financially after suffering from a truck accident injury. Economic damages someone could recover after getting injured in a truck accident includes:
- Medical bills to cover the out-of-pocket costs for any medical care such as emergency room services, hospitalizations, ongoing doctor’s visits, medications, and surgeries. They can also include any future medical bills you might incur if your injuries require medical care long after settling the case.
- The income you lost if you had to miss work for a certain amount of time while you recovered from the accident. You could also recover the projected future income you might lose if you cannot return to work at all or in the same capacity. Our attorneys can help you determine the value of your projected future lost income.
- The costs of the property damage you incurred. If insurance does not cover the total cost to repair your property, you could recover compensation to fix your vehicle or get it replaced if needed.
Non-economic damages are subjective losses without a monetary amount associated with them. They intend to compensate the injured person for the losses they sustained that aren’t associated with a monetary value, such as physical and emotional losses. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering damages if you had to deal with severe physical pain directly after the accident or ongoing. This can also include discomfort or inconvenience the accident caused.
- Emotional distress if the accident caused you to deal with issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder, fear, sleep issues, anxiety, or depression.
- Loss of enjoyment if you can no longer enjoy activities you once could because your injuries prevent you from participating.
Our attorneys can review your non-economic damages to determine their value. Once we calculate the value of both your economic and non-economic damages, we can determine the amount of compensation we can seek in your claim.
Causes of Coral Springs Truck Accidents
There are many reasons why truck accidents occur. In some cases, the truck driver is liable for the accident, while in others, the trucking company or other drivers are responsible.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) puts regulations in place to help keep truck drivers and other motorists safe on the roads. Although there are rules in place, accidents still unfortunately happen. The most common reasons why the truck driver is responsible for the accident include:
- Driver fatigue if they work too many hours
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The driver is engaging in reckless driving
- The driver is distracted while driving
There are some cases where the trucking company is liable for the accident. Common instances of negligence on the part of the trucking company can include the following:
- The truck is maintained poorly.
- They allow drivers to work before they are trained properly.
- The cargo is not loaded correctly.
During our investigation, we can help establish liability and attempt to hold the liable party accountable by seeking compensation.
Work With Our Coral Springs Truck Accident Attorney Today
Florida Statutes § 95.11 states you have four years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit. While this might feel like a long time, our attorneys must take steps to ensure we have a solid case prepared.
We advise you to contact us soon after the accident at (954) 642-8885. That way, our attorneys have time to negotiate a fair settlement with the opposing side before the statute of limitations is up. During the call, we can discuss the circumstances of your case with a free consultation.